Optomising Biomechanics & Rehabilitation in Cycling (Days 1 and 2 Combined)
Course: Optomising Biomechanics & Rehabilitation in Cycling by Trish Wisbey-Roth
This two day course is made up of Day 1: Optimising biomechanics of cycling and Day 2: Optimising rehab and muscle function in cycling
Participants are able to register for Day 1, Day 2 or Day 1+2 combined (via link below)
Day 1: Optimising biomechanics of cycling
A large body of research indicates that bike set up and peddling techniques can both significantly improve cycling performance and minimise the risk of repetitive strain injuries. It is important with any adjustments made to bike geometry can be accommodated within the rider's musculoskeletal abilities. This workshop is designed to educate participants on the ideal bike set up geometry and how to adjust this geometry to the individual needs of the rider. A comprehensive cycling specific screening to identify problem regions will be outlined. Such a screening can be used to determine if the cyclist would benefit from biomechanical or muscle control treatment to optimise rider-bike dynamic function.
Day 2: Optimising rehab for muscle function for cycling.
An intensively clinical day discussing all aspects of rehabilitation of the cyclist including:
• Rotating workshops addressing key aspects of cycling rehab and pedalling technique for practical application within the clinic.
• Case Studies with clinical reasoning behind Cyclist rehab programs and practical application, subjective presentation and rehab exercise intervention
• Progressed and graded muscle retraining program to optimise cycling performance
• Motor control drills for optimising pedal action will also be discussed
• Key bike adjustments, interventions, rehab exercise strategies
• Discussion of variety of bike styles and set ups and alternative equipment
• Discussion on what equipment is needed for Bike set up in the clinical setting
• Discussion of the business of Bike set up in the clinic: Technology APPS and their efficient use
|New South Wales||North Ryde||
Start date: 10 Jun 2017 09:00
End date: 11 Jun 2017 17:00