Running Rehab: Running Retraining, Exercise and Performance
Course: Running Rehab: Running Retraining, Exercise and Performance
This course is appropriate for AHPRA registered physiotherapists and other suitably qualified/experienced health professionals*
This course is delivered by Dr Christian Barton, who has a highly respected international research profile, with more than 40 peer reviewed publications. He teaches courses in Australia, the UK and Scandinavia. Clinically, Christian specialises in the management of persistent and challenging knee and running related injuries, working with a range of elite athletes and in conjunction with many of Melbourne’s leading orthopaedic specialists. This vital clinical insight ensure you will take away immediately clinically applicable skills.
In this course, Christian will give you the skills and knowledge to diagnose and manage biomechanical deficits in injured runners. The course explores ideal lower limb biomechanics, provides an overview of how common biomechanical faults link to injury, and how to identify and address them in the clinic. The evidence behind and practical application of running retraining, exercise, footwear and other adjunctive interventions are explored in relation to both injury and performance.
Presenter: Dr Christian Barton, APAM
- Explore important principles to consider during assessment and rehabilitation of biomechanical and running injuries
- Understand ideal and potential biomechanical faults and their relationship with running injury
- Develop clinical skills to assess potential structural and functional biomechanical factors which may be linked to running injuries and performance
- Develop skills and clinical reasoning processes to apply running retraining
- Apply exercise and resistance training to assist in running injury management and performance
- Understand the implications of footwear modification to the management running injuries and performance
|New South Wales||Alexandria||
Start date: 22 Sep 2018 09:00
End date: 23 Sep 2018 17:00