Parkinson's Disease and Other Movement Disorders
This course is now fully booked. For your expression of interest or to be put on a waiting list, please contact the APA NSW Branch on: email@example.com
Course: Parkinson's Disease and Other Movement Disorders
Physiotherapists working in aged care frequently have to manage people with Parkinson's disease (PD) and other movement disorders. This course will improve skills relevant to the assessment and treatment of these disorders. It will cover recent research findings, new medication and other changes in PD management (eg, surgery) and their implications for physiotherapy practice.
Presenter: Melissa McConaghy, FACP
1. Understand the pathophysiology of Parkinson’s disease and most common Parkinsonisms
2. Understand the role that medication plays in managing the symptoms of people with Parkinsonisms
3. Further develop assessment and outcomes model to analyse and discriminate within the motor and non-motor impairments and likely presentations.
4. Further develop a treatment tool kit to assist patients with Parkinsonisms effectively
5. Reflect on the role of education and self-management models to be drive self-efficacy
6. Reflect on the role of early intervention verse later intervention and the likely treatment effect and burden of disease