Optimising Motor Control of the Lumbo-pelvic Region
This two day course is very practical where participants are exposed to a wide variety of functional exercises and the theory and research behind how to assess and progress a lumbopelvic progressed functional program through 5 stages for the lumbopelvic region ( Day1) and the hip region ( Day 2). The muscle assessment and exercise program design can be progressed from very specific isolating and retraining individual muscles through to dynamic functional movement patterns required for work, ADL through to high level sport.
Presenter: Trish Wisbey-Roth, Specialist Sports Physiotherapist FACP
The two day course includes:
- Assessment of dysfunctional local/global muscle recruitment patterns of the lumbar spine, pelvis and hips.
- A grading system to assess and progress a lumbopelvic progressed functional program from the acute stage of treatment, to return to normal function.
- Practical session, where participants are introduced to a wide variety of graded core stability and functional exercises using motor control cues and gymnastic balls, recognising the correct level of exercise difficulty and how to progress.
- Design an effective hip exercise program specific to presenting dysfunction and progressed through a graded approach to peak performance with an evidence based rehab strategy.
- Detailed explanation of the “Hip Rehab Exercise Grid” theory and exercises demonstrated, practiced and explained with detailed exercise templates provided