Neurological Physiotherapy Level 1
This course designed for those who are returning to practice after a break or new graduates who would like to consolidate their knowledge about neurological physiotherapy. It will include theoretical summary available through on-line modules and a two-day face to face component consisting of lectures and practical tutorials. This is a mandatory component of the experiential titling pathway in Neurological Physiotherapy.
The online modules will cover:
• The role of a neurological physiotherapist
• Clinical reasoning and intervention planning
• Intervention principles
Following the lecture, participants will be able to succinctly summarise the content of the online modules, and will have had an opportunity to discuss the content of each of the topics.
Following the completion of each practical session, participants will be able to demonstrate the application of skills and knowledge in:
• The analysis of deviations from normal biomechanical components of task performance
• The assessment of activity limitation/s, including the contribution of primary and secondary impairments
• The selection of evidence-based interventions to address activity limitation/s
• The structuring of appropriate task practice, taking into account relevant client, social and environmental factors
• The use of relevant commonly used equipment and tools
• The selection of appropriate evidence based, valid and reliable outcome measures