Mastering the Martians With Craig Allingham
Men's health is a developing area of physiotherapy practice working with pelvic health particularly following a diagnosis of prostate cancer. The demand for top quality, evidence based rehabilitation focusing on continence, erectile function, pelvic pain and general health is already increasing and this event will enable you to add these services to your clinical range.
Mastering the Martians is an effective way to update your knowledge and learn how to effectively work with this market. Four experienced clinicians and teachers will guide you through the background, current management and options for implementing services in your department or clinic.
This course is highly practical and relevant for any physiotherapist who works with men for sports injuries, occupational health or age related decline. It is not just for those already working in the continence field.
Presenters: Craig Allingham, Jo Milios, Stuart Baptist and Peter Dornan
Completing this course will enable you to:
• Understand how men process health information in order to improve your communication strategy thus raising engagement & compliance
• Understand and discuss current concepts in prostate health, specifically cancer and how it is assessed, treated and the common side effects of treatment.
• Implement effective interventions to improve erectile function
• Apply real time ultrasound evaluations using trans-abdominal and trans-perineal technqiues to assess the male pelvic floor
• Use different strategies to teach effective pelvic floor muscle training for males
• Assess different patterns of male urinary incontinence
• Select appropriate exercise regimens for different presentations of male urninary incontinence
• Describe the anatomy and physiology of pelvic pain in males
• Select and apply manual therapy techniques appropriate for pelvic pain in males
• Discuss and recommend appropriate lifestyle modifications for men recovering from prostate cancer