Course: Full Dissection
This course is appropriate for AHPRA registered physiotherapists only and myotherapists*
Australian Physiotherapy Association and Massage & Myotherapy Australia is offering a rare and unique opportunity to spend two full days in the wet lab with clinical anatomist John Sharkey. John brings more than thirty years of bodywork experience to his dynamic workshops, filled with fresh ideas and new take away hands-on practical practice. John teaches at all levels from surgeons through to therapists and has extensive anatomical clinical knowledge.
John holds Bachelor qualifications as a Clinical Anatomist (BACA), Exercise Physiologist (BASES) is a Science and Medical Team Member of the Olympic Council, Myofascial Dry Needle Trigger Point Specialist and the Senior Lecturer and Programme Leader MSc NMT University of Chester.
There will be plenty of time for questions and personal inquiry. This is a rare opportunity to explore the human form up close with John and make this a unique and rich educational experience.
You can expect to have the following learning outcomes of:
- Gain a unique perspective of our body-wide connective tissue specific to manual therapies.
- Understand the importance of fascia and rehabilitation post-surgical procedures
- Understand the role of fascia in assessment of injury and neurological chronic and acute pain conditions
- Comparing classical anatomy to the new 21st century anatomy
- Evaluate a 21st century biotensegrity focused “connected” explanation of our form, and pathological state from the perspective of a clinical anatomist
- Learn to employ soft tissue manipulation techniques informed by bio tensegrity and soft matter science
- Question how does appropriate stiffness relate to tensional integrity and elasticity in motion
Body sections covered on the day, subject to availability, are both dissected and prosected. We anticipate;
Prosected Specimens + Whole Cadaver
Dissected specimens of upper limb with head and neck, lower limb with pelvis, torso
We are now accepting bookings for this workshop and places are limited. Remember this workshop will be full on new ideas, new concepts and lots of practical hands-on applications that will make you reconsider how you treat the human body.
Dates: 12 - 13 June 2018
Times: 8.30am - 5.00pm
*If unsure of your suitability, please email email@example.com
Start date: 12 Jun 2018 08:30
End date: 13 Jun 2018 17:00