Female Sexual Pain
Presenter: Eileen Lavis
Studies have shown that female sexual dysfunction involving sexual pain affects up to 46 per cent of the female population. The pain can impact a woman psychologically and financially, as well as their relationships and sense of self. Female sexual pain therefore requires appropriate biopsychosocial assessment and management.
At least 50 per cent of the course content is underpinned by research to support the terminology, assessment protocols and treatment options. The focus of the course is to enable participants to understand and identify common types of female sexual pain. There will be further emphasis on safe external and internal assessment, which will require active participation from course attendees.
Completing this course will enable you to:
- Understand female pelvic anatomy and pain concepts specific to female sexual pain
- Understand the concept of the female sexual response
- Identify common sexual pain conditions
- Complete an initial assessment of a client with female sexual pain and plan a follow-up treatment
- Identify treatments appropriate for the management of female sexual pain.
Start date: 29 Apr 2017 08:30
End date: 30 Apr 2017 17:00
|New South Wales||Sydney||
Start date: 17 Jun 2017 08:30
End date: 18 Jun 2017 17:00
|South Australia||North Adelaide||
Start date: 22 Jul 2017 08:30
End date: 23 Jul 2017 17:00
Start date: 12 Aug 2017 08:30
End date: 13 Aug 2017 17:00
Start date: 23 Sep 2017 08:30
End date: 24 Sep 2017 17:00