Advanced Differential Diagnosis and Treatment of Elbow Pain
Course: Advanced differential diagnosis and treatment of elbow pain with Leanne Bisset
This course is appropriate for AHPRA registered physiotherapists only*
Chronic elbow pain reflects a complex aetiology. Understanding the contribution of local tissue pathology, and sensory and motor system impairments to the individual’s clinical presentation of elbow pain will assist clinicians in implementing an effective treatment program. This course is designed to give physiotherapists applied knowledge of the latest evidence regarding individualising treatment for people with chronic elbow injuries and will present a contemporary, evidence-based clinical pathway for treatment of elbow pain, and discuss treatment options based on clinical presentation, prognostic indicators and underlying pathophysiology.
1. Understand the applied clinical anatomy and biomechanics of the elbow
2. Understand the evidence of the mechanisms underpinning elbow pain
3. Demonstrate acquired applied knowledge of the latest evidence regarding aetiology and predictors of recovery in people with elbow injuries
4. Demonstrate knowledge of the research evidence evaluating a range of treatments (conservative, injection, surgical) for elbow injuries
5. Translate the evidence into clinical practice and clinical reasoning of evidence-based treatment options, including the importance of the multi-disciplinary team management of patients with elbow injuries
6. Demonstrate refined manual therapy skills and exercise prescription for the assessment and management of elbow injuries.
Presenter: Leanne Bisset APAM, Musculoskeletal and Sports Physiotherapist.
Leanne is a Senior Lecturer in musculoskeletal physiotherapy and convenor for the Higher Degree Research program within the School of Allied Health Sciences at Griffith University. Leanne also maintains a part-time clinical load treating elbow injuries. She holds two postgraduate Masters degrees (Musculoskeletal and Sports Physiotherapy) and has more than 25 years' clinical experience in musculoskeletal/sports physiotherapy practice. Leanne completed her PhD from the University of Queensland in 2008 and in collaboration, she has successfully completed three clinical trials investigating physiotherapy and medical interventions for tennis elbow.
*If unsure of your suitability, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Date: Saturday, 15 September 2018
Time: 8.30am-5.30pm (Registration 8.15am)
Registrations close: Sunday 2nd September 2018
Start date: 03 Mar 2018 09:00
End date: 03 Mar 2018 17:00
|New South Wales||North Ryde||
Start date: 02 Jun 2018 09:00
End date: 02 Jun 2018 17:00
Start date: 15 Sep 2018 09:00
End date: 15 Sep 2018 17:00